When combined with other preventative actions, cloth face coverings have been recommended by the Centers for Disease Control as an added step in slowing the spread of COVID-19.
The following are three areas to focus on to make the masks as useful as possible:
Wear your Face Covering Properly
If you’re not wearing a mask or face covering correctly, you won’t benefit and get the most protection.
- Try to your mask snugly around both sides of your face
- Wash your hands before putting on your face mask.
- Secure it under your chin and put it over your nose and mouth.
- Make sure it is breathable
- Try not to touch your face mask excessively, and remember to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer to disinfect.
- Minimize the amount of time your face mask or covering is around your neck or on your forehead.
Wear a Face Mask or Covering to Protect Others
Face coverings help prevent you from becoming infected, but they also help protect those around you.
- Especially when social distancing is not possible, wear a face mask or cover in public places when you’re around people who don’t live in your household.
- It’s possible to have COVID-19 but not have symptoms, so wearing a face covering that covers your mouth and nose can protect others.
Take Off Your Cloth Face Covering Carefully
Once you are home, it’s essential to remove and take proper care of your face mask.
- First, depending on your mask’s design, untie the strings behind your head or stretch the ear loops. Try to handle your face covering only by the ear loops or ties. Next, fold the outside corners together
- If your mask is washable, place it in the washing machine. You can use regular laundry detergent and the warmest appropriate water for the cloth used to make your mask or face covering.
- Also, be mindful not to touch your eyes, nose, or mouth excessively when removing your mask. And also, remember to wash your hands immediately after removing it.
Adeas is Now Offering Face Masks
No one enjoys having to wear a mask – but since we do, why not be safe, comfortable – and stylish wearing it!